Got a green thumb? Sponsor a Youth Garden Club!
Get 5 school-age gardeners together,
Have 5 meetings a years,
Register Your Club with the Garden Club of South Carolina, Inc.
- Youth Garden Club Registration Form
- Youth Garden Club Promotional Flyer
GCSC Youth Contests
- View Information on All Youth Contests
- Garden Poetry Contest and Garden Poetry Entry Form
- Sculpture Contest Rules and Youth Sculpture Entry Form
- Smokey Bear and Woodsy Owl Contest Rules
- Smokey Bear/Woodsy Owl Entry Form
- Youth Contest Entry ID Form
Girl Scout Patch
Earning the Girl Scout Patch. Learn what garden clubs are all about. Visit with a garden club in your area or have a member of a club come to one of your meetings. Find out how they got started and what they do as a group. Ask how long the group has existed, and if there has been a change in their role in society from then to now. Learn about what the State Garden Club does in your state. Ask what youth programs they promote. Learn about the National Garden Clubs, Inc. and the South Atlantic Region, and how you can take part in their programs for the youth.
More Helpful Information:
- Contact National Garden Clubs via NGC Website
- Poisonous and Edible Flowers
- Horticulture – Learn the difference between bulbs, rhizome, corm, tuberous root and tubers
- Flowers With Special Meanings
Camp Wildwood – June 18 – 24, 2017
Registration Opens October 1st, 2016
Each year, federated GCSC garden clubs are challenged and invited to find the brightest conservation-minded students to attend Camp Wildwood. This highly-regarded Leadership and Environmental Camp provides an opportunity to rising high school sophomores to study wildlife and outdoor skills that are not taught elsewhere. Together, The SC Department of Natural Resources, The SC Wildlife Federation, The Harry Hampton Memorial Wildlife Fund and The Garden Club of South Carolina, Inc. ensure the continued success of this camp.