West Piedmont District Awards- 2017-2019 Marguerite P. Warren, District Director Dee LeMay, Co-Director (Awards Chairperson)
1. FRANCES L. ALLEN HORTICULTURE AWARD ($25.00)
Awarded to a club for the most trees planted by a club and its members. Seedling trees may not be included. Indicate if location is public or private. Include pictures and publicity. Donor: Shamrock Garden Club, Iva, SC
2. WILLIAM GOULD, JR. AWARD ($25.00)
Awarded to an individual in the district receiving the most blue ribbons in the Horticulture Division of Standard Flower Shows. Documentation must accompany application: copy of the ribbons and identify the show and its date and the Judge who signed the ribbon. No narrative required.
Donor: West Piedmont Director
3. LILLIAN A. PETERSON AWARD ($25.00)
Awarded to an individual receiving the most blue ribbons in the Artistic Division of Standard Flower Shows. Documentation must accompany application: copy of the ribbons, identify the show and its date, and the Judge who signed the ribbon. No narrative required.
Donor: Greenville Council of Garden Clubs
4. DAISY HAMMOND AWARD ($25.00)
Awarded to a Junior/Intermediate Garden Club for outstanding participation in gardening objectives. It can be in any field, i.e. flower shows, gardening, birds, etc. Sponsoring club should submit application.
Donor: Hillcrest Garden Club of Greenville
5. HESSIE MORRAH HORTICULTURE AWARD ($25.00)
Awarded to the club submitting the best program on horticulture presented at a club meeting. Include a narrative of the program and pictures, if available.
Donor: Yvonne Morris
6. ESSIE WOOD CIVIC DEVELOPMENT AWARD ($25.00)
Awarded to a club or a group of clubs contributing the most in the field of Civic Development. Include before and after photos.
Donor: Greenville Garden Club
7. MARY MCPHAIL CONSERVATION AWARD ($25.00)
Awarded to a club for the most outstanding report of project, activity and/or promotion in the field of conservation.
Donors: Pat Abercrombie and Irma Thrailkill
8. FRANCES HART AWARD FOR STATE OBJECTIVES ($25.00)… no application required
Awarded to the club that shows the best participation on the President’s Report Form for contributions to state projects such as Blue Star Memorials, Memorial Garden, State
West Piedmont District Awards Application 2015-2017
Award #: Award Name: Number of members in club:
[Include contact information on submitter]
Name of Garden Club:
[Enter name exactly as it should appear on any award received]
Please mail a hardcopy of this application form to:
WPD Awards Chairman Dee LeMay, 103 North Point Drive, Anderson, SC 29621.
Application form is limited to three printed pages, front of pages only. This application form counts as your first page. Start your information with question No. 1. No report cover or binders allowed. No plastic sheets allowed. You may remove these questions to give more space, but remember to number and answer all the questions.
Deadline for West Piedmont Awards is January 15.
Complete each topic if applicable. Use numbering as below when completing form.
1. New project: Yes ___ No ___ Begin Date: __________ Complete Date: __________ 2. Brief summary and objectives of project:
3. Involvement of club members, other organizations, etc.:
4. Project expenses and means of funding:
5. Continuing involvement, follow-up, maintenance:
6. Attach or insert photos, digital photos, and/or landscape plan (does not need to be professionally drawn).